|WC31-60||Black GSM 60, Width 31.5”, Length 625mtr Roll|
|* Customize size is also available on request and availability of material|
Grow cover weed control fabric is formulated to improve soil temperatures and suppress weed growth as a mulching layer. Good permeability ensures water and air reach the plant base and maintain root humidity whilst avoiding surface water accumulation helping clean effective harvests. Suitable for long term crops, in the greenhouse and in open field installations, the open structure of the fleece brings specific properties compared to other types of plastic mulch.
Favourable development of soil micro-organisms beneficial to plant growth is enabled through the development of a favourable micro-climate. It increases the retention of soil temperature imparted by near-IR solar radiation and as a result root temperatures are elevated which drives crop growth.
Use Of Weed Cover
Benefit Of Weed Cover
- It reduced light permeability and the residual strength necessary to reduce weed growth around crop bases.
- Unlike Polyethylene mulch films, it remains highly permeable to water and air, maintaining the quality of the soil, avoiding pooling of surface water and if necessary the transmission of liquid fertilizer.
- High air porosity creates a good aeration of the plant neck this results in a healthy and clean crop, which improves the commercial yield.
- Favorable development of soil micro-organisms beneficial to plant growth is enabled through the development of a favorable micro-climate.
- Root humidity is maintained by allowing the transmission of water and nutriments through the cover to the crops.
- Highly stabilized, Mulch films can remain on the fields for up to three seasons, minimizing weeding and maintenance times.